Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Fasting Day 4

I feel weak and irritable, but happy in God. Last night Kendra and I went to the Hiland boys game. They won. It was a good game, but I really didn't enjoy it very much. The benches were hard, and the crowd was loud. The things that provide pleasure and satisfaction are beginning to wane. I am more focused on God. Being content in Him.

I started memorizing Colossians 3. "Since, then, you have been raise with Christ, set your hearts on things above where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things."

I want a greater desire for the things of God. I want my passion for God to be greater than food, greater than sports, greater than sex, greater than higher education, greater than money, and greater than preaching a good sermon.

My prayer today: God, create a hunger in me that is consumed with knowing you.

Larry