Thursday, March 30, 2006

Fasting Day 27

I am in Golf Port Mississippi working and doing ministry. Yesterday was good. I hung drywall all day. A little sore this morning. Seeing the devastation of hurricane Katrina is life changing. People are more open to spiritual things. Many people are trying to decide whether to rebuild or relocate. Today we are doing surveys in the community with people that are in transition. I am praying for opportunities to share Jesus.

I am still on my fast. God has been teaching me to depend on him more for strength and direction. So often I am driven by pure ambition rather than being led by the Holy Spirit. Ambition and drive are good attributes to have, but we can easily do things without any leading from God.

I will write more tomorrow. Check back.

Larry K.