Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Fasting Day 40

Our Good Friday and Easter services were great. The attendance and response was terrific. I ended my fast last Thursday. I am slowly beginning to eat again.

Here are several things that I discovered on my fast. I found myself thinking about people all over the world that cannot eat because they have no food. Fasting for me is an option. For many people they have no choice but to go without food or water. I am more aware of world hunger and am praying for these people.

I was amazed at how much better food tastes. My senses are sharper and more sensitive.

Fasting fostered more of a tender spirit in me. I found myself easily moved to tears at social injustices and national crises.

I am more inclined to live one day at a time. Yea, I am still goal oriented (gettrdone), but I am more content to enjoy today. Relax, take a deep breath and thank God that today is beautiful.

Thank you for your support and encouragement during my fast. Keep praying that my "temple" would bring glory to God in the way I care for it. I am planning several stand alone messages in May and will start another series in June.

Pastor Larry